Who Should Apply?
The Teen Board is an eight-month program, beginning in October. Participation expectations are as follows:
- Attend the Opening Retreat
- Attend all Sunday afternoon meetings (unless previously discussed with Teen Board Coordinator prior to the meetings)
- Participate in at least two site visit meetings with potential grantee organizations
- Participate fully in grant proposal reviews and prepare for meetings with occasional research and reading
- Contribute meaningfully to The Jewish Fund Teen Board group process
- Attend the end of the year Grants Celebration
Following the successful completion of a year on the Board, students can continue to be involved in a variety of ways, including applying for an optional Leadership experience, provided they meet the participation requirements.
Most meetings will be held at the Max M. Fisher Federation Building at 6735 Telegraph Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301.
Applicant interviews for potential Year 1 Teen Board members take place in mid-June. These interviews may be either individual or group interviews, depending on the number of applicants. All applicants do receive an interview.
All applicants are notified of selection decisions via email at the conclusion of the interview period.
Meeting dates change annually, below is the typical meeting schedule. Complete dates are distributed to all incoming Teen Board members.
- New Board Member Orientation for members and parents – Mid-Late October
- Full Day Fall Retreat – Sunday, Late October, 10:00 am to 5:00 p.m.
- Monthly Board Meeting Dates (Year 1 & Year 2): Once per month on Sunday, late afternoon
- Site Visit Meetings with Potential Grantees – scheduled after school over a 2 week period in late February/early March
- Grants Celebration – Early May